In an effort to foster open communication and provide continuous updates regarding submitted applications, the Bureau is now posting to its website the month and year of the applications that are currently under review. Applications for approval are reviewed in the order in which they are deemed complete. Please note the timeframe to review each application is dependent upon several factors including, but not limited to, the size of the institution, number of locations, number and complexity of educational programs, and the overall complexity of the application.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the Bureau has experienced a significant increase in the number of applications received from institutions proposing to change their method of instructional delivery to distance education. This has resulted in a longer than typical processing time. Please note that applications are reviewed and processed in the order received. The Bureau strives to review and process applications as quickly and efficiently as possible while working to ensure that institutions offer quality distance education programs to California students.
- Addition of a Separate Branch
- Approval to Operate an Institution Non-Accredited
- Approval to Operate an Accredited Institution
- Change of Business Organization/Control/Ownership
- Change of Educational Objective
- Change of Location
- Change in Method of Instructional Delivery
- Change of Name
- Registration or Re-Registration of Out of State Institutions
- Renewal for Approval to Operate an Institution Non-Accredited
- Renewal for Approval to Operate an Accredited Institution
- Verification of Exempt Status